We are very concerned about the prospects of Microsoft to continue full support for any/all versions of 32-bit Windows. This is our top concern in 2019 as there have been 5 disruptive Windows Updates cycles in the past 10 months! The latest update problem is in October 2019 and it appears the problems will continue. (The current issues in October are not resolved in the November preview as of October 25th. Our intent at CROSS Systems, Inc. was previously to support ALL 32-bit Windows systems from XP and forward to provide the best stability possible to all of our customers. This may not be possible leading us to suggest that everyone consider upgrading to one of our CROSS Library Mint Laptop or Desktop systems as soon as reasonably possible –See: crosslibrary.com/systems
If ANY of the following are true, it might be time to upgrade your old desktop or laptop system: Options: crosslibrary.com/systems
- If your existing computer is giving you trouble and has Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32-bit)
- If your existing computer is Windows 7 (Microsoft plans to discontinue support in mid-January 2020)
- If your existing computer has failed to startup
- If your existing computer is Windows XP or older
- If your existing computer is running XP Mode or Virtual PC
OUR EXAMPLE IN 2019: We have already upgraded our cloud servers from Microsoft Windows Servers to Linux for BOTH stability and security reasons. Our #1 concern is for the long-term stability of your library. AFTER 3 serious problems in 2019, we paid the price to fix what 2 Windows Updates and a batch of system security updates broke on these Windows Servers. Our best option was to upgrade to the latest and most secure Linux system we could find. We finished that process and it has been stable for our customers using CROSS Library Mint since August 5th.
CROSS Systems, Inc. offers two basic upgrade paths as follows:
- (BEST and SIMPLE) Upgrade to a CROSS Library Mint Laptop or Desktop system –See: crosslibrary.com/systems
- Install CROSS Library Mint onto your Windows 10 64-bit system (This system runs in a virtual machine to provide a buffer from problems caused by Windows Updates.) Important tech stuff: Virtualization must be enabled in the UEFI/BIOS setup, and 8GB RAM highly recommended (4GB minimum required) See: crosslibrary.com/download (CROSS Support handles install and configuration process after download is complete. Please ensure your subscription is active or renew it first. You may Renew your CROSS Library Subscription here… )
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use option #1, if possible. You receive your new system ready-to-use. It is the fastest and easiest upgrade with the least problems. (We configure and test your printer after you receive the system.)
If you currently use either Windows or Apple, option #1 will be a breeze!
This system is based on Linux providing you:
- No Windows Updates disrupting your life and work
- CROSS Library automatically opens ready-to-use
These systems are easier than using CROSS Library on Windows XP–they just work! We have been supporting CROSS Library Mint for over 13 months now and find it to be increasingly stable and easy-to-use.
CROSS Systems, Inc. Support