After this update, new updates will be automated in most cases, for this update, you need to follow the update instructions below:
If you want to get the November 2019 CROSS Library update, use the instructions below:
- First, if CROSS Library is not open, dbl-click on the ‘Books’ icon on your desktop or launch CROSS Library as you normally do.
- If Library is open on your desktop, close it and click NO to skip the backup process.
- Right-click on the ‘CROSS Library Helper’ (little ‘gray cube’ icon in your system tray–notification area), then select ‘admin / Check for Updates Now’.
- In a few seconds, the cube should begin to blink. While it’s blinking, dbl-click it ONCE. You will see important messages of news and updates.
- Read and click OK on each message, then click YES to install the updates.
- Wait for the update to download. You will be prompted to click INSTALL to update CROSS Library.
IF THE INSTALLER DOES NOT APPEAR:
You may need to run the updater application manually–using File Explorer (or My Computer on older systems), navigate to: C:\CROSSUPD\WORK\upd
To do that:
1. Open File Explorer (or My Computer on older systems)
2. Locate and dbl-click on the C: drive
3. Dbl-click on the CROSSUPD folder, then when it opens, dbl-click on WORK, then dbl-click on the upd folder.
4. You should see a 2CROSSLibrary application file (or 2CROSSLibrary.exe).
5. Before running the application, it is a good idea to TURN OFF your Anti-virus. Your anti-virus program should normally be running, but when updating software, it should be turned off to prevent from incorrect shutdown of the update process. We tend to see issues especially with McAfee, Sophos, Avira, Norton, and at times even with Avast. While our installers have been updated, some anti-virus programs are over-strict and block legitimate update programs.
6. Dbl-click on the 2CROSSLibrary application to run it and allow it to run, if prompted.
7. You should see the INSTALL button to click. Click it. (The remainder of the process should behave normally unless your Anti-Virus software incorrectly blocks any portion of the installation. If that occurs, turn it off and dbl-click 2CROSSLibrary again to reinstall the update.)
If you attempt the install with your Antivirus ON, that’s fine in many cases. If anything goes wrong, just install again with it turned OFF. (Note: You may need to open your quarantine and restore 2CROSSLibrary if it was snatched from its original location by your anti-virus program. If that doesn’t work, just start over at the top of this page to re-download and install the update.)