$450.00 – $800.00
Select a Laptop below
Are you tired of Windows Updates affecting your computer’s performance?
If so, then this option is for you.
Our out-of-the-box Mint laptops provide for your convenience with the following done for you:
-64-bit Ubuntu Mint 19.2 installed and ready-to-use
-CROSS Library Mint 2019 installed and configured to auto-open your default database
-CROSS Library Mint 2019 connected to the new 2019 CROSS Cloud for improved service!
-Your latest cloud backup restored to the system. (You will need to verify that your latest data is present as you begin working.)
-All possible installation, activation, and configuration done out-of-the-box for you!
-Secure settings configured
-Basic antivirus configured and up-to-date
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING PRINTER COMPATIBILITY (DETAILS)
We install the printer drivers for your specific printers after you receive your laptop.
While we have A LOT of options when configuring your printers, at times it can be challenging for some printer brands and models.
NORMALLY EASY PRINTERS (good CROSS Library Mint compatibility):
- Postscript and PCL3 – PCL6 printers along with PPD file
- most off-the-shelf models of HP, Brother, Canon, Epson, Lexmark
- many models of Okidata, Ricoh, Toshiba, Xerox, Minolta, Seiko, Sharp, Kyocera
- most others are supported using a generic printer driver and PPD file for the printer
- many common USB-connected printers will auto-detect the drivers when plugged in, we configure and test these printers with a focus on 2 successful print jobs to verify correct USB communication with the printer
- PDF printer support for higher-end printers such as Toshiba, Sharp, Xerox, Seiko, and Kyocera
If you want to upgrade your computer and DO NOT HAVE one of the above, consider these options:
- We highly recommend 64-bit Linux Mint Laptops — We will work to configure your printer for you. If we cannot, you might consider using another printer for CROSS Library.
- If your printer is incompatible with Linux and buying a compatible printer is not an option, consider this. A few printers may have a Windows driver available and do not yet provide compatibility for Linux Mint. In these cases, it is easy to print to PDF in CROSS Library, copy the PDF files across your network, and View/Print that file using your Windows 10 printer driver. We can configure a desktop shortcut to copy the PDF files to a USB FlashDrive or network to your Windows system for easy printing to your printer.)
NORMALLY DIFFICULT PRINTER CONFIGURATIONS (more easily supported via Windows):
- some models of Sharp, Xerox, and Konica
- MOST PRINTERS CONFIGURED TO USE billing codes, user authentication, departmental printing codes, or secure print
In some cases, printer compatibility can be provided via Windows. It is generally best if you can call for compatibility research before purchase if you have one of the cases listed above under NORMALLY DIFFICULT PRINTER CONFIGURATIONS. Printers are complex often providing various compatibility options and we can often install a generic printer driver if a specific driver is not available. High-end printers also tend to support various document formats which can fill in the gaps.
If you can provide your network type (specifically the type of 802.11 network as in: a/b/c/g/n) to us, we can help verify that you are ready-to-go. Some of our systems also include a LAN port which you can use to connect using a network cable.
Click the ‘Additional Information‘ tab for system and hardware specifications
CROSS Library Subscription