Call us for support to install and configure CROSS Library on your system. We will configure your system, install the latest system updates, and optimize your system to work better for you overall. Feel free to download the using the links in the DOWNLOAD STEPS section below, ensure your CROSS Library Subscription is up-to-date, then give us a call at 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 for support).
1. You will need to have a current CROSS Library Subscription in order to download and install the latest version. If your subscription has lapsed, you may order the CROSS Library Subscription (1 Year) at our Secure Online Store
NOTE: Your system should have at least 4GB RAM and 64-bit Windows. If your system type is not 64-bit, please call 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 for support), for assistance (We may need to install CROSS Library directly using our LEGACY INSTALLER–we no longer provide this download link here due to the high level of technical difficulty involved–even for the most tech-savvy out there).
2. DOWNLOAD STEPS
- Download and Save the CROSS Library Mint Download. (if having trouble, try a CROSS Library Mint Previous Version )
- Download and Save the Oracle VirtualBox Installer.
- Download and Save the Oracle VirtualBox Extension Pack.
- If you have our CROSS Remote Assistance Utility icon on your desktop, open it at this time. If you do not see it on your desktop, we ask you to download CROSS Remote Assistance here, then open it before you call.
- Call CROSS Systems, Inc. at 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 for support) for installation assistance. We will request your ID and Password to connect to your desktop and then handle the remaining steps to install and configure this version of CROSS Library and to give you a quick tour of how to use it.
AVOID DELAYS: As in any installation process, if your user account is limited, we may need your or your network administrator to enter credentials during the installation process. You may download using the links above, and call us to install CROSS Library even if you do not have credentials (or understand this statement). We will let you know during the call if we cannot proceed without special access. We want you to be aware of this possibility so you can obtain install credentials ahead of time, if necessary, to help you avoid delays during the installation process.
- (First time users only) CREATE A NEW DATABASE
Note: If you are a first-time user, you must use ‘File/New (Library Database)’ option on the Library 1.7 menu bar to create your first database. You may enter the name of your library when prompted. This name displays on reports, book labels, as well as on the main screen of the software. Please keep the default file name shown on your screen. There is usually no need to change that field. When you click OK, the new database is created, and you may enter your first record–even if it is a test record.
- (Important) With your main database open, configure the default database by clicking ‘Help/Web Links/Use this as the default database’
Questions and answers
Q: Is this what I need to install on my new Windows computer?
A: Yes, as of October 2018, the installation steps shown above are what you need to run CROSS Library on most systems (including all editions of Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and even Mac OS X, and Unix/Linux systems).
The ONLY exception is if you have a 32-bit version of Windows, in that case please call 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 for support).
Q: Is there an easy way to easily (re)install the software I prefer when I move to a new computer?
A: Yes! Ninite.exe is a free and handy utility to install Chrome, Firefox, Zip, your favorite PDF viewer, free antivirus, etc. It’s very easy to use and will usually speed the process of configuring and updating your system’s apps and features. If you wish, you can run it while downloading CROSS Library, but be aware that your network connectivity will be a bottleneck while doing both together.
(Information and links beyond this point should not be used except by CROSS Support Personnel):