Welcome to CROSS Systems, Inc.!
The following items are here to help you get started or find answers to your questions at any time. Click the links to get started.
- Q: How can I renew my CROSS Library Subscription?
A: First, register or login here
Then, click Renew link here, and you will be automatically directed to the correct starting place depending on your account status. (Note: If you are already a subscriber, you will be taken to Your-account where you can renew your most recent renewal order. (Unpaid renewal orders have a Pay button on the order line.) If you are renewing early, you may do so here. Click the Renew Now button on active subscription line. Otherwise, if you land on the CROSS Library Subscription product page, add it into your cart to sign-up, then proceed to checkout and place your order.)
- Q: What is the long-term support view for 32-bit Windows?
A: As of October 2019, things became a bit more difficult due to Windows Updates causing portions of Windows to fail to operate properly. While CROSS still plans a 32-bit upgrade to connect existing customers to our new cloud system, Microsoft compatibility has been suffering recently and is likely to continue. Migrating to CROSS Library Mint is a good long-term support plan: CROSS Library Mint is filling the compatibility gap in two ways–1. with laptops which run CROSS Library Mint 64-bit WITHOUT WINDOWS, and 2. with CROSS Library Mint 32-bit that runs on 64-bit Windows 10 (as well as Windows 7, 8, 8.1). If you are unable to continue using CROSS Library on your existing Windows, we can help now–call for support. Also, consider upgrading 32-bit Windows 10 systems to 64-bit (we help you re-install using the same Windows license). We can evaluate your system to see if it’s robust enough to handle the upgrade.
- Q: Having trouble with CROSS Library in Windows? Windows Updates have had a bad year in 2019–the reputation is that it breaks things…that’s right! Windows Updates automatically breaks your system many times as it updates and is not likely to be fixed due to the complexity of the design. It breaks other software apps such as CROSS Library, and the trending is not good.
A #1: BEST We at CROSS are offering our new CROSS Library Mint 64-bit Linux Systems, so ditch the continuous Windows Updates cycle in favor of a ALREADY SECURED Linux environment.
A #2: CROSS is offering to install CROSS Library Mint 32-bit Linux onto a Windows 10 system (may be slower than our laptop systems above due to Windows overheads).
A #3: If CROSS support had installed 32-bit Windows 10 on your system previously, we will help you re-install to 64-bit in this process SINCE THIS IS NOW a better system which provides protection against the continuous Windows Update cycle from negatively affecting CROSS Library. Call 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 when you hear the Support option) for assistance. You may need to update your subscription if expired. (Note: This may be slower than using our laptop systems above due to Windows overheads.)
- Q: I am getting “unexpected error; quitting” when opening CROSS Library. How can I fix this?
A: See Question #3 above for the cause. See our news page at crosslibrary.com/news for details and instructions how to fix it based on your version of Windows or call 1-877-615-7230 (press 2 when you hear the Support option) for assistance uninstalling the offending update to allow CROSS Library to function correctly.
- Q: How do I renew my CROSS Library Subscription?
A: A) If you received an email invoice or wish to pay your renewal invoice, just click here and click the Pay button on the renewal order you wish to checkout and pay. B) If you purchased via our website before and you are current or just expired, you want to go to your account here and locate your subscription. Then, click the Renew Now button on the subscription you wish to renew. These are the least expensive ways to renew your previous subscription. If your subscription expires for longer than our grace period, you may need to add a new subscription into your cart with this link as our system may have already cleaned up your expired subscription.
- Q: I have not purchased support for a few years. How do I get the latest CROSS Library updates?
A: All software updates and support are included in the CROSS Library Subscription. You may add this to your cart, then checkout to renew your CROSS Library Subscription.
- Click here to purchase library supplies such as labels, label sets, label protectors, pockets, catalog cards, etc.? (Note: If you are looking for something you do not see on our site, call and let us know. We like to add products you are needing.)